It is now possible to edit Microsoft Office Documents from within the Adstream Platform and here's how:
- When in a project click on the Files tab in the top row.
- Click on upload and follow the steps in the corresponding window to upload your document.
- Once it appears in your list of assets click on it to open the file
You will now see the Edit Document button above your asset.
- Click on the button and you will be redirected to the relevant Microsoft Office Application (e.g. MS Word).
- Depending on your web browser a pop up window will appear prompting you to launch the application.
- Click it to start editing your document and once you're done, click save.
If multiple users try to edit the document at the same time, the first user to open it will be able to save. Subsequent users will be blocked from saving until the first user has closed the document.
When the first user has finished, their changes will show on the other users’ documents. They will now be able to save the document with or without the first users changes. Each time any of the editors save the document it will create a new version. Once you're done just close the document and return to your Platform screen where you'll see the changes saved in a new version. Read More
It is necessary to have Microsoft Office Version 2010 on Windows and 2011 on Mac minimum, in order to make use of this feature.
Please note that the preview area of excel files is restricted to the documents print area.