Once you have uploaded new assets to the library, it is important to populate those assets with metadata, as without this you will be unable to see or filter them into collections.
To edit the metadata of new assets (whether editing assets individually or multiple assets at once) please follow these steps:
Editing metadata on a single asset
- Choose the asset you would like to edit
- Click on 'Open File', which will appear once you hover over that asset
- Once re-directed to the asset overview, click on 'Edit' on the right hand side
- Start filling out the fields in the editor
All fields marked by a * are mandatory and have to be populated; otherwise you will not be able to save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Once done, you can see your changes on the info tab. The asset can now be filtered into collections, based on metadata or searched for by title, etc.
Editing metadata on multiple assets one at a time
- Select the assets you would like to edit by clicking on each asset and highlighting it in blue
- Next click the More Menu in the upper right hand corner to expand all available options
- Click 'Edit selected one by one'
- In the pop-up window, start editing
- Move on to the next asset by clicking 'next' in the upper right hand corner
- Scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up window and click 'save all and close' to save your changes
Editing metadata on multiple assets simultaneously
- Select the assets you would like to edit by clicking on each asset and highlighting it in blue, as in the previous section
- Next click the more menu in the upper right hand corner to expand all available options
- Click 'Edit all selected'
- In the pop-up window choose between the Common or Video tabs, depending on your asset types
- Fill out all fields
- Click save to apply the changes to all previously selected assets
These changes are now visible on each asset where some may appear directly on the thumbnail and others when opening the asset and looking at the info tab.