There are a few ways to do this. In Adobe InDesign:
- Ensure you have your file open.
- Click on the Window drop down menu.
- Select Output, then Separations Preview.
- Under the drop-down for View in the Separations Preview pane, select Ink Limit to view the ink weight for each colour, as well as the total ink weight.
- Check the ink weight against the specifications of the publication you are sending to.
This applies if you are using Acrobat Professional.
- Double click on the PDF which you have uploaded to Adsend.
- Go to Advanced menu / Print Production / Output Preview.
- Select the ‘Total Area Coverage’ tick box.
- Select the ink weight limit (e.g. 230% or 240%, it will be stated on your ‘File report’ under the ‘TAC - Over Ink weight’ Subheading).
- The areas highlighted in bright green are over ink weight.